Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Why Haven't I posted anything?

I really do hate not posting on my blog, you know. But still, I regularly find myself in what would be referred to in a Conan-Doyle novel as a 'funk' where the drive mysteriously vanishes. This has happened to me and I've no idea why. Every time I write something I feel guilty about not doing something else, whether it be looking for a job, mowing or finishing that one last fucking assignment that's a deferred result but has been deferred simply because it's the kind of shit I can't stand doing. Here are a few reasons why I've barely posted anything:

* I've written drafts for around half a dozen posts, but about the same time. They're all half-finished.
* I've been back working on amateur adventure games in some of my spare time
* Trying to finish the pilot script for Mycroft and getting foiled by paranoia about it being complete crap.
* Trying to find out when the hell I'm meant to go back to TAFE via unhelpful and highly confusing websites.
* Stressing out massively about my Ps test - the only day I could book was January 22nd. My license expired January 27th. You can't have a second test within 7 days of failing your first.


I CAN'T BELIEVE I PASSED THAT TEST, WHOOOOOO!
Ahem
* Becoming oddly obsessed with a pen and paper role playing game named Shadowrun from the late 1980s I found in a used book shop. It's set in a Cyberpunk future where humans co-exist unhappily with Orks, Elves, Dwarves and Trolls and creating a plan for a TV series adaptation in my head that is really way too detailed...
* Wrangling two mischievious dogs.
* The aforementioned mowing and procrastinating over bullshit assignment.
* Having my own computer (as opposed to the family internet computer) die on me. It's where I keep all my drafts. Damn it's been a long time since I haven't been able to get into that harddrive...
* Catching up with my best friend a lot, who seems to have felt rather guilty for ignoring me entirely for around half a year.

Hopefully, it will all go back to normal soon...

6 comments:

Youth of Australia said...

Don't worry, dude. Could be worse.

Hey, you hear BF are doing Season 23? It means I've parodied their output four years before they make it. FULL FIST!

Hah, it's only funny coz I know that from you and Cam commenting on my blog. The circle of bloggosphere continues, with a Mad Larry-shaped spoke in the wheel...

Jared "No Nickname" Hansen said...

Hey, you hear BF are doing Season 23? It means I've parodied their output four years before they make it. FULL FIST!

Lmao. You can put your feet up for a few weeks ;)...

The circle of bloggosphere continues, with a Mad Larry-shaped spoke in the wheel...

Has Larry been posting stuff recently?

Have you seen his new new blog "The Randomness Times"? I ask because it is the least funny stuff I've found online - the idea seems to be that he just goes through the entire TVGuide and tells us why he hates each show. A terrifying glimpse into what life would be like as his flat mate if nothing else...

Youth of Australia said...

Lmao. You can put your feet up for a few weeks ;)...
By then I'll probably have a season of Matt Smith to do...

Has Larry been posting stuff recently?
Yes. And deleting them. He's done about three separate things on Matt Smith and deleted them all so the only thing left is his gamblers' guide. Anyone would think he hadn't touched the blog since late last year...

The last one was him impersonating me ripping Gabriel Chase to shreds (in Larry's case a letter to the RT complaining about MS being too young). Then Larry stops and goes, "Hang on, this bitch is right! Moffat is heading straight to hell and taking us all with him!!"

Have you seen his new new blog "The Randomness Times"? I ask because it is the least funny stuff I've found online - the idea seems to be that he just goes through the entire TVGuide and tells us why he hates each show.
Yes.

Every.

Single.

Show.

And apart from slagging off one particular extra show once a week, it's the exact same stuff.

Dude. You hate everything. This has come across clearly. Is there another blog about things you LIKE?

A terrifying glimpse into what life would be like as his flat mate if nothing else...
Man. That's either a YOA script in the making or a Samuel Beckett nihilistic tragedy...

Miles Reid said...

I've always wanted to play Shadowrun, but never had the chance.

Jared "No Nickname" Hansen said...

Yeah, it's a very cool setting - I've never even looked at RPGs off the computer before (Well, apart from the two dodgy Doctor Who ones that confused the hell out of me) but something about the tacky 80s cover art of elves machinegunning unseen assailants from a clearly cyberpunk alley transfixed me and I was helpless but to buy the thing.

As it is, I'm sceptical about finding anyone to play it with - maybe my mate who I've Warhammer-ed in the past, but I'm sure he won't take things too seriously. So be sure to drop me a line if you're ever around the Central Coast in New South Wales, Australia with a heap of notepaper and die...

Miles Reid said...

No offence, Jared, but given the current economic climate... I'm gonna need a lot of booze to end up in Australia.