Thursday, April 30, 2009

MORE 'artwork'

Heeey, I finally got my drawing tablet working, after having it for two-three years without being able to get the bloody thing working beyond a brief window when it was functioning but I was taking my time getting used to it. So, yesterday, having found it, dusted it off, and spent hours upon hours hunting the net for really obscure drivers before finding the right ones and STILL having got no results, I put a fresh battery in that weird pen thing in the vain hope it might do something.

CHA-CHING!

Then I did this:

Straight away. I'm quite happy with that, because it would have taken me quite a while in MSPaint just with the mouse. Alright, the hands look completely shithouse but I think it comes across quite well.


In order to pad this out blatantly, a picture I had nothing to do with making but is one of my favourite ever:



Sigh. This blog really has become LAVENDER! hasn't it? I'm this close to just posting YouTube links I've found funny...

COMING SOON: A REAL MAN'S update! ...hopefully.

3 comments:

Youth of Australia said...

Indeed, be proud. I can't draw with mouse whatsoever, so you've blown anything I could do out of the water with that. I salute thee.

Jared Hansen said...

Aww, cheers. Recently I've become very interested in doing artwork for... well, basically the first time since Year 8. I've only ever seen myself as a cartoonist, though.

Youth of Australia said...

Well, not having much of your artwork to judge, but you do have a style of lined, formulaic faces with square heads. Mind you, I can talk, since my entire YOA ouvre are bug-eyed potato-faced people and my DW material is all nicked from DWM...