Wednesday, February 17, 2010

When the robots take over [Sneak preview]

If I had a blog maintained purely by spambots, it would look a lot like this. All my Facebook status comments over the last couple of months? Why? No particular reason. Well, it pads out the entries. Makes me feel a little less guilt for letting this blog rot and spread its gangrene over the web.

With added informative notes to salve my conscience over Ctrl+C blogging.


Ahaha, I now have Ashes Cricket 2009 working. BUt for some reason I am unable to avoid batting like a complete twat. Part of my brain is telling me the key is to run crazily as soon as the ball is not touching your bat and it won't shut up.

(N/B: I did score a fairly impressive 202 in a Twenty20 match. And made 120-odd in the first 10 overs of another - but in the first case this was after running out the entire top order, and the second case I then managed to lose 5 wickets in the space of an over to Kevin Pietersen's off-spin. Please note, that is very, very bad. Also, there'll probably be a cricket post soon. Soz)

*

She's so hot. She's so flippin' hot. She's like a CURRY! I want to tell her how hot she is but she'll think that I'm sexist. She's so hot she's MAKING me sexist. Bitch! I think I need a 1983 Casio DG20 Electric guitar... set to electric mandolin.. some drums -yeah.

Ha! Weren't expecting me to do that thing where people mindlessly quote TV shows into their status, were you? FOIL'D!

(N/B: Flight of the Conchords, episode 2)

*

Currently re-reading Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Forgot all the bits that people DON'T quote all the time, which are awesome. Best book ever to not have a plot, hands down.

(N/B I've been effectively making notes while reading it as to errors made by outspoken critics of the film version as to its un-Douglasadamishness, but was most surprised to see the strength of their case on Zaphod. In the book he is a dude who has taken obfuscating stupidity to an artform, to the point he isn't certain if he's a genius, an idiot or a madman, rather than the films Peter Griffin's brain in a hippy's body)

*

Got some musical whiplash thanks to the random function. Straight from Rage Against the Machine's "Calm Like a Bomb" to John Butler Trio's "Better Than". I recommend it to anybody.

(N/B What makes this awesome is the fact that Calm Like a Bomb is one of those songs that wraps up really abrupty, and likewise Better Than starts quickly. There's no pause. It sounds like Rage might have put the riff in the song as a joke.)

*

Also, only just realised that considering 50% of people on Facebook shove their girlfriend in front of the camera to take their profile pic, using an old highschool photo of me with my arm round a mate actually makes me look gayer than usual.

(N/B I have no idea why this did NOT occur to me)

*

I never even knew the date of Valentine's Day before getting Facebook. I let you draw your own conclusions from that.

(N/B I was playing the sympathy card. No takers. Sorry, I'm doing it again, aren't I?)

*

Not getting Channel Nine at the moment so can't watch the NRL Eugenics Smackdown.

(N/B The recent "Indigenous All Stars VS NRL All Stars" game, criticised widely for being the most racist thing since Pakistanis were banned from buying the Mein Kampf audio book read by Kyle Sandilands. Whitely lost, incidentally.)

*

Ah, Summer lawn mowing. Went for an hour in the full sun. When I was done my shirt was unwearable due to the sweat. Plus my boxers. Again due to sweat. I don't jizz when mutilating grass. Well, not all the time, anyway.

(N/B In actual fact I have never done so. It was a deliberately absurd statement to amuse others with no basis in reality. )

*

Can't get a Lily Allen song out of my head. No, wait.. there's two of them.

(N/B And I don't even know what one of them's called! They're gone now)

*

Ever seen a dude with DTs trying to move cattle lose concentration when he hallucinates being attacked by a swarm of bees? It's a scene, man.

(N/B Can't remember if I mentioned this on this blog. Sadly there isn't much more to the story)

*

Lol, I just realised who the dude named 'Rickie Pearce' is who wants to add me - one of many people who received threatening emails from me due to my zero-tolerance policy on chain emails. NB: the extensive filter system in Gmail allows you send hateful emails from you to other undeserving people, and thus create an en...dless circle-jerk of bile and fury. It was my favourite game for a while.

(N/B Hey this one already had a note in it! Guess this is redundant..)

*

Why isn't there a 'dislike' button? Is it because they know people like me would use it on EVERYTHING?

*

Just submitted my first pitch/script. Sadly this group will only send feedback to the sucessful writer so I'll have to wait a bit longer for my first rejection letter.

*

Last night I dream that the characters in Friends were all just aliens PRETENDING to be human. Somehow it made the show cool for the 8 hours I slept.

(N/B I have no recollection of this dream. I have been dreaming a lot of weird stuff)

*

Tallied it up and I've written around 6000 lines of code for the game I'm working on atm. Guess now I have to finish it.

(N/B That number will have gone up significantly - the solitary room I'm working on right now that I wasn't at that tage has over 1000 lines of code on its own, and it isn't quite finished.)

*

It was agreed last night that the most surefire way to destroy Stargate: Universe would be to reveal Dr Rush has the power to manipulate physical matter via freestyle rap.

(N/B And that's how the gets the spaceship open, see? I'm open to other suggestions for either his escape or destroying the entire show, though...)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am reading this article second time today, you have to be more careful with content leakers. If I will fount it again I will send you a link

Anonymous said...

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing

Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.